Thursday, February 14, 2008

what a book!

I read A Thousand Splendid Suns (Khaled Hosseini's follow book to The Kite Runner.) It only took two evenings and I could not put it down. It's an amazing book. It would have been SUCH a wonderful book to discuss for book club. For one thing it is so feminine oriented. The story revolves around 2 strong female characters. It is eye-opening in it's portrayal of Afghanistan. It is embedded with the most deep and profound human experiences of love, loss, sacrifice, and survival. I like it 10 times more than The Kite Runner, and think all of you would love to read it. I have a copy if anyone wants me to bring it to our next meeting.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

You know I almost picked it for Book Club but Amberly said she was already reading it. Too bad. Maybe we can discuss it after we all pass it around. I would love to read it - my mom has been telling me I need to read that and the Kite Runner.

Unknown said...

I'd love to borrow it sometime...but I would like to read The Kite Runner first, which I have but just need to get to.