Saturday, March 22, 2008

Jackpot

I went to a Half Price books I haven't been to in a long time Friday night and found a ton of great books in their clearance section. The best part of it was each book was only $1. I even bought a few I already own and plan to give them to my sister-in-law who has been looking for some good books to read. These are the books I picked up-

Life of Pi by Yann Martel
Blessings by Anna Quindlen
The Time Traveler's Wife by Niffenegger
Blue Shoe by Anne Lamott
The Year of Magical Thinking by Joan Didion
The Mermaid Chair by Sue Monk Kidd
The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards
Seeking the Face of God by Gary Thomas
The Reading Group by Elizabeth Noble
A Hole in Texas by Herman Wouk
Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro

As always, I am happy to lend anything out so let me know if there's one you want to read.

I also just finished The Road by Cormac McCarthy. I don't really recommend this one for pregnant women, sensitive people who cry at commercials, or anyone looking for a light read. It's dark, and disturbing. I liked it, but I'm only giving it a 7 because it was lacking something for me and also I was sort of disappointed by the ending. But I could not put it down.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You did hit the jackpot - that's great! And I'd love to borrow The Road from you. Like I said the other day, it's on my list. I know I'm pregnant, but I know I can handle it! Not that I don't have a million other things to read right now.

Lindsay said...

No way on The Road for me. Dark and Disturbing is too much for me. I am still trying to recover from The Space Between Us and The House of Sand and Fog. Both very well written books but were written so well that I felt I was in the midst of all these problems. Now you can see why I pick the kind of books I pick.