Sunday, June 15, 2008

Teenage Drama

Ok girls, I know I'm not a teenager...believe me, that's painfully obvious when I check the mirror.
But, I couldn't resist seeing what the deal is with the Twilight series I have heard so much about. They are written by Stephenie Meyer, a Mormon lady (that is a bit of irrelevant trivia I am tossing in) and have been very popular for some time now. They are fantasy...the storyline involves a romance between a human teenage girl and a (gasp!) vampire! But they are believable in a Harry Potter kind of way. I actually had no problem with the fantastic story. My only complaints were that the characters actions and motivations seemed unbelievable to me sometimes. But it was a VERY interesting read and I finished it off in about 24 hours. Of course, I was on a long plane ride so that helped. It moves quickly and I enjoyed it. I rated it an 8, but I am not sure if I will pick up the next book in the series or not. The plot summary that I read on the second book just didn't sound as interesting to me. If anyone wants to borrow the first book of the series, just let me know.

No comments: