Tuesday, August 04, 2009

The Forgotten Garden

I was looking at another Kate Morton book on Amazon, "The Forgotten Garden," and thought it looked really good. So while shopping at Barnes and Noble yesterday, I picked up a copy. Let me tell you, it is the best deal on a book I have ever found at the overpriced Barnes and Noble. I did not see it anywhere in the new release section (it's a hardcover) so I finally asked the info desk about it. The lady took me to an end cap at the very back of the store and pulled the last copy off the shelf. It had a big 50% off sticker on it. I think my jaw was hanging open as I asked if that literally meant it was half off the cover price of $26. I just could not fathom buying a new hardcover book at Barnes and Noble for $13. I walked in a daze to the front of the store and bought it.

I'll read it and bring it to the next meeting so someone can borrow it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Funny you should mention The Forgotten Garden because I saw that on Amazon the other day and thought it looked good. And believe it or not, I got my copy of The Help at B&N for about $13 too, which I thought was pretty good. It had a 40% off sticker on it and it is a fairly new book. But actually, I paid with my gift card, so I didn't really pay for it.

Dara said...

What a great deal! Maybe B&N is trying to do a better job competing... with Amazon, Half Price, Sam's.... they need to stay competetive or go out of business!

Lindsay said...

Yes, I got a great deal on The Help as well. $13 - Go B and N. I love that store even though I rarely buy anything there. Love the atmosphere.