Sunday, August 19, 2007

Book Thoughts

I picked up our next book today. Man, it is small! Becky, you could probably read it once a day until our meeting! :) Seriously, that will be a very fast read. The local bookstore here had lots of books by this author (I already forgot his name). There were probably about 8 different books on this table, all by him. I was tempted to pick up a few more, but thought I'd wait until I finished The Alchemist to see what I thought.

But, I did go ahead & buy John Grisham's The Innocent Man since it came so highly recommended by Lindsay & Stephanie. I'm anxious to start reading it! But, first, I'm going to read the other book I bought, A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini. I read his first book, The Kite Runner, back when the Richardson Library was promoting it. And, I loved it! I've been wanting to read this next one for a while now. I just finished my latest memoir, so I can finally start on A Thousand Splendid Suns. (I might be sending it along to someone for their birthday when I'm done! HA! I bet other people reading this are going to think I am TRASHY for sending a used book to one of you for your birthday!) :)

Speaking of memoirs, do you realize how many there are in the bookstores?! I mean, how can I honestly read them all? It's so frustrating to want to read so many books and just plain not have the time!!

Miss you all!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Amberly- I don't think a single one of us will get a new book on their birthday...recycling is the name of the game! And it is a hit! I loved the books I received on my birthday and I hope everyone else is just as happy at their birthday meeting.
I know what you mean about so many books, so little time. I have about 12 right this minute that I am DYING to read...I just can't wait! I just got sacred marriage and sacred parenting in the mail from amazon and I really want to read them. I am almost done with deception point right now. It gave me bad dreams last night. Because the book is so fast paced and the main character in so much danger, I had dreams that I was in peril and on the run.
We miss you so much too!

Unknown said...

You're right, Amberly, our next book is small...you're welcome! I hope it's good, though. I've got The Kite Runner on my shelf to read since you recommended it a long time ago - hopefully I'll get to it eventually! We miss you too!