Thursday, December 27, 2007

Need a Book?

Here are my best recommendations based on things I read this year that maybe you girls have not read yet.

Non Fiction- Endurance by Alfred Lansing. Get it. Read it. It's amazing. Action packed, has the feel of a Hollywood movie script, but it is a true story!

Fiction- Bridge of Birds by Barry Hughart. Fantastic, mesmerizing, mythical-like story of ancient China full of wit, wonder, and excitement. I loved this book!!!

Spiritual- Sacred Marriage by Gary Thomas. Best book I've ever read about marriage. A completely unique look and very inspiring.

Sci-Fi- Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card. It's from the 80's I think and has a large cult following. A page-turner.

Classic- The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk. It's long, and it's about the war. Don't let that deter you. It's a wonderful story and you will be so glad you read it. Great courtroom drama at the end, too.

No comments: